Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pinon Rice Bake with Artichokes and Goat Cheese

Pinon Rice Bake with Artichokes and Goat Cheese
Brown rice casserole with artichokes, roasted corn, chiles, pine nuts and goat cheese.

Gluten-Free Rice Casserole Bake


Here's a favorite make-ahead rice dish recipe with Mediterranean flavors- artichokes, plum tomatoes, pine nuts and goat cheese. Entertaining made simple. And there are never any leftovers.

Having someone new over for dinner always sends me into a flurry of activity fueled by nervous energy and worry. I obsess over obscure details (like an iTune playlist), change my mind about the menu (wait- enchiladas or lasagna?), forget ingredients (dagnabbit! the green beans are still in the car). So I've learned (yes, the hard way) to always make a few key dishes ahead of time. Then dinner is basically done.

And I'm not stuck in the kitchen spilling olive oil on a new silk shirt.

I can relax (well, sort of). And- goddess willing- I won't set the oven on fire because I'm too busy discussing politics or the yummy Anderson Cooper.


READ MORE and get the recipe ...

No comments:

Post a Comment