Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Elegant and Easy Pasta Frittata

Karina's lovely gluten-free brown rice penne frittata
Gluten-free pasta frittata made with brown rice penne.

An Elegant and Easy Pasta Frittata


Summer is officially upon us- allegedly. And by us I mean those of us calling the Northern hemisphere our home. See? I didn't forget you lovely readers from the topsy-turvy land Down Under, strapped to snowboards or skiing the snowy slopes of Victoria in need of steaming mugs of soup and plates of comfort food. I know it's winter for you. I get it. I do. I'm chilly, too. I've got Popsicle toes. And just so you know I'm not pulling your leg, Mate, I'll let you in on a little secret.

I'm not sporting a bikini these days, either.

Well, I don't actually own a bikini, so that might not be terribly shocking news (I don't think I've even touched a bikini since 1982, and for that wise choice alone, countless thousands are grateful).

I'm still layering my long sleeved tees and thick fuzzy sweatshirts, you see. Here in Redondo Beach we have the annual weather effect (grumpily or fondly) known as June Gloom. Brushed velvet fog and low slung clouds hug the coast each morning and shower us with mist that would make Ireland proud.

It's a marine layer issue, so they say.

After three (long) sun baked years in Northern New Mexico, I rather like it. It's moody and hushed and inspiring in a rainy day spirit sort of way, transforming the technicolor blue of L.A. skies into wallflower introversion, softening and muting the usual exuberance and clamor that is Los Angeles. It's the kind of weather that makes you crave a good book.

And a lazy brunch.

Perhaps this light and easy frittata recipe will please both hemispheres.

Those in bikinis, and those snug in UGGs .


Fresh ingredients for a lovely frittata
Fresh parsley, mint, chives, sweet red pepper and free-range eggs.

READ MORE and get the recipe ...

No comments:

Post a Comment