Thursday, January 23, 2014

Mulligatawny Soup with Jasmine Rice

Mulligatawny Recipe and Jasmine Rice
Warm up with a bowl of this delicious mulligatawny soup.

Warm Up


All this Arctic Vortex talk (and accompanying blizzard aftermath) has got your intrepid Gluten-Free Goddess shivering in her skivvies and sporting a Brooklyn-style knit beanie at her desk. Outside our winter rental it is a frosty 17ºF as I type (a heat wave- up from 8ºF upon waking). Remind me again why we chose Cape Cod for our Winter of 2014 I mutter, shuffling in double socks to brew my favorite anti-depressant. A steaming cuppa Joe.

The sky is icy blue this morning. And I am craving mulligatawny. As luck or fate or Plan B foresight would have it, I have enough ingredients on hand to make my favorite soup for lunch today. A simpler, easier version of my well worn recipe for Vegetarian Mulligatawny.

I skipped the cabbage and cauliflower and canned tomatoes this time, and upped the carrots for a bright, fresh tasting- dare I say- healthy potage (that's a fancy word for soup, as you, Darling, already surely know; I just mention it in case you might think I'm getting snobby or elitist or uppity- Goddess forbid!).

I just started reading The Sound of Paper by Julia Cameron. I need a kick in the creative butt. I'm feeling stuck. Not in a blasé, cigarette dangling, shoulder shrugging What's the point? existential despair kind of stuck.

But close.

I blame the Arctic Vortex.


READ MORE and get the recipe ...

No comments:

Post a Comment